To build a community through the arts by providing opportunities for appreciation of and the participation in the visual, performing and literary arts
- To provide a common ground where people from diverse backgrounds can come together through creative activities which are the spirit of our people through the development of programs that will:
- Cultivate the visual, performing and literary arts.
- Foster collaborations with other arts organizations.
high qualityarts education
- Build community interest through participation in and presentation of praiseworthy programming
The Arts Council of East Orange will be a multidisciplinary organization encompassing four key functions:
- Operate a center for arts education, literary events, and performing arts that is accessible to people of all ages and from all socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Serve the community through events, as an advocate for art appreciation, and as a catalyst for artistic activity in the surrounding area
- Enhance economic development through the arts initiatives recognizing its impact in the community through the support live/ work housing, retail, restaurant, and order entertainment activities.
- Provide support and develop and coordinate structure for local artist in all disciplines.